Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Oh, the Shame

Apparently I had a better Sunday then Brett Favre in that I didn't throw any interceptions and he threw two. 48- 3 is certainly a dismal score, although from what I hear from True Blue Packer fans this means that we are more likely to get better draft picks next year. That's sort of the Football booby prize, isn't it? You Eff up big enough and they reward you for it.

Sigh. I claim not to be a sports fan, but even in my sports oblivion this is pretty depressing. Why is that? I don't actually play on the Packers or even watch them but it makes me sadder to live in Wisconsin when they aren't performing.

The best I can figure out is that Sports is actually sublimated, symbolic warfare. Therefore, we in Wisconsin are at war with every other single state or city that also has a similar sports team. The Packers, then, are our symbolic army - symbolic defeated army. Thank God, too, because if it were real and not fake then we would be marched away as slaves of the victorious Ravens. As I understand it - not a good team.

No comments: