Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Where Have You Gone, Angry Republican?


Oh, I am getting dissillusioned with blogging. It's not turning out to be what I thought it was going to be; Other bloggers it turns out are just in it for the money and that is so distressing to me. Somehow this forum has lost it's gentle purity and turned into a greed fests. Well, that might be more the American bloggers. I've noticed that the British bloggers seem to be more what you might think of as the bloggers, that is writing the sort of on-line journal that anyone can look in on and read about.

I've been blogging my blog now for about six months now. There are more than six months worth of blogs because I started it in about April, but I didn't quite understand what I was supposed to do so I just had daily entries that I never posted on-line and then when I went on-line I posted them as if I'd been doing it for months, but I really hadn't.

I know better now.

This must have been about June that I actually started and immediately I got responses from other bloggers one of whom was: The Angry Republican. My posts must have appeared to him to be non-Republican and I think he was laying in wait for foolish non-rightwingers who needed to be set on the path of good American values. Anyways, I'd been ending each post with a summation of how that post related to the coming apocalypse because that's what I had promised on my website. But I stopped after awhile because it just strained my brain to make some sort of connection with every single post. Go back to some of my earlier posts and you'll see what I was talking about.

The Angry Republican commented on this particular aspect in a rather amusing smart-ass manner and I replied in as much a smart ass way as I could. It must have been about a dozen back and forths before he got bored and stopped making the effort. And this was my introduction to this culture and what I thought blogging was. Or should be.

Then I found out differently. I would get these various comments that would compliment one of my posts and invite me to visit their weblog. Which I did the first couple of times. Then I kept repeatedly getting this one from Forex Trading which complimented my article 'Hogan Knows Nothing' . I would sometimes get like three a day from them and always that post and no others. So, I figured out that there must be some sort of program that was scanning weblogs and then grabbing and inserting a post title. Occasionally I would get comments complimenting my post: 'This post'.

So many of these weblogs were not really weblogs at all but commercial sites, plain and simple.

I was so disillusioned.

Q: But Steve, you damned hypocrite, isn't your Weblog site selling something? You're trying to interest people in getting your book (Breakfast with the Antichrist), aren't you?

A: True enough, but Good God that's not all I write about. In fact, I write very little about that book. There's a link to the publisher (a crappy one that fails because the publisher's tech support refuses to believe it doesn't work) a link to my website and I think that's about it. Other than that it's just my own observations and insights.

Well, I'll persist. It's not what I expected and I miss my smart-ass friend the Angry Republican. All of his views are wrong, but at least he's a real person who's only in this to further his misguided view of the world.

4 comments:

Gyrobo said...

Maybe you wouldn't get so many blog spiders if you'd just enable your word verification filter.

Filters are like buttons; don't press 'em unless you're sure there's gold involved.

young brother said...

don't distress. What sort of message do you have to convey? We in the blogoverse are hid by the multiple faux-blogs that surround us, there are those out there which have a decent message (without seeking profits)

Anonymous said...

Survival group against God?? LOL. Good luck with that. Truth is, no one knows the exact time this will happen except the man upstairs, however, I firmly believe that there are people placed here by God that post the warning signs and it's up to you to take heed.
[url=http://2012earth.net/your_new_chakra_system.html
]mayan predicted
[/url] - some truth about 2012

Anonymous said...

Survival group against God?? LOL. Good luck with that. Truth is, no one knows the exact time this will happen except the man upstairs, however, I firmly believe that there are people placed here by God that post the warning signs and it's up to you to take heed.
[url=http://2012earth.net/astronomical_picture.html
]Nibiru
[/url] - some truth about 2012