Saturday, February 25, 2006

More on Devil Worship in America


By the way: Please look at the Chapters of an Upcoming Novel on my Sidebar to the Right. Rexroi is a novel that I worked very hard on and I have a lot of affection for this one. I really would like somebody to read some of it some time. It's fun. You'll like it.

And if you're a publisher, you'll like it a lot.

(Kind of a rambling introduction follows, if you want to pass go to the asterix*)

I was just looking over some of the stats for my website (Again, on the right on the sidebar) and I noticed that so far this month I've had twenty two hundred hits, while last month it was fifteen hundred. I'm kind of puzzled as to the jump, you know, what am I doing right this month, versus last month.

Webcom migrated my site - which I don't know what that means or why they did it. I sure didn't ask them to do it. So, I don't know the total number of hits over it's life since they lost the stats for before they 'migrated' it. My guess is about ten thousand, maybe not. That's not so hot, I suppose, but it's more than none, and it does kind of blow my mind to think of that many people I don't know seeing my name and reading my words.

Anyways, I noticed that people have been visiting the area called 'Devastating Rebutalls' where I give anyone the opportunity to disagree with me on my own website. Nobody has contacted me. C'mon, everybody can't agree with me! On the other hand, I'm not going to try too hard to recruit people to disagree with me on my dime ... oh well,
averyattractivecow@yahoo.com.

There. If you want to, that's where you go.

Here's the asterix*

One of the most visited pages was one called 'Devil Worship in America'.

I thought of more things to say, or things I might have left out of the original.

The first thing that I wanted to say is that it is an interesting fact that Devil Worshipers constitute a sect of the Christian Religion.

Huh?

But ... Um ... aren't they kind of the exact opposite of Christianity? Yes, and that's exactly why they belong in Christianity. It is not the Buddhist God, or Hindu God, or the Islamic God that Devil Worshipers are opposed to. They operate as a subsect of the Christian faith using the exact framework and worldview that Christianity does.

I meant to say something about Geraldo and his crusade - I think it might have been in the eighties - against Devil Worship. He 'exposed' all sorts of information and somehow I wasn't able to see any of it, which I would have liked to and I would have liked to have been able to comment on it. I believe that might have been the part of the eighties when I was out of the country. (When I got back to the US, I'd actually forgotten how to order at a fast food restaurant - a critical American life skill that had simply eroded).

If I were to say anything it would be to cast doubt on his research, which of course I really can't do since it's ludicrous without knowing what I was talking about. Still, I was very tempted to do just that. But it's wrong and unethical. That doesn't always stop me, I confess, but this time it did.

I also meant to say more about Mike Warnke who is a preacher who writes and lectures about his time as a Satanic High Priest. There are many, many carefully researched and documented web sites that thoroughly dispute and in detail this story. He turns out to be someone who was renowned for his story telling and many of his friends never much believed anything he said, but were still interested to hear what kind of BS he could come up with. Another confession: I have friends like this and I've told a few stories myself.

Once another friend of mine (of the aforesaid variety) told me a very interesting story about something that had happened to him. Only it had happened to me, which he must have forgotten, so he recast the story with himself in the lead. Actually, I was very flattered that he thought enough of my story to steal it. Thanks, Pal.

I might have glossed over the 'recovered memory' phenomenon. Many Satanic abuse stories have come to light through the process of hypnosis. Very suspiciously, most of these recovered memory stories occur in 'clusters', that is the same hypnotist seems to find scads of people who have these memories. Hypnosis, you must know, can actually create these false memories. It can be done deliberately or it can also be accomplished quite 'innocently' by a researcher who is looking for evidence of what he thinks actually exists out there.

'Buried' memories are a tricky topic. Common sense tells you that the most horrible things that have happened to you have also created the most vivid and lasting memories. Most people do not forget the awful things that have happened to them, and indeed it would be extremely anti-evolutionary for humans to do that. We remember awful things to ensure that we can avoid them in the future. Generally. I won't go so far as to say there are never repressed memories, there are and it's a real phenomenon, but it's also a rare phenomenon.

If you come across a book that is based on recovered memories just be skeptical. And I have read at least one that was based on hypnotically recovered memories. However, in this one there was also some corroborating physicla evidence. So, who knows?

I also forgot to point out the late Satanic High Priest (there are never any low or medium priests, you know) Anton La Vey's observation that even if there were real Devil Worshipers of the exact variety theorized, they could hardly have been responsible for as many horrors as the Christian Church has been. Think about it: You never hear about all the Devil Worshipers burning people at the stake or torturing people in their secret dungeon, do you? Or you don't hear about Devil Worshipers masacreeing thousands and millions of people of different faiths - like the Christians have done with the Muslims and Jews.

I'm not advocating for it, you understand, but it's an interesting point casting the shoe on the other foot like that. And it sure makes you think.

And how about that human sacrifice thing? When you think about it, most religions throughout history have indulged in human sacrifice and it's only recently that it's been looked at as wrong to sacrifice people as part of the religion. It's okay for other reasons, though - if they're a witch for example. You'd be surprised how many people actually are. All you have to do is stick a whole bunch of feet directly in to some flames and you'll find about as many witches as you need.

Well, that's what I think I left out, and if you want to read the rest about Devil Worship in America or any of the other topics I've covered it's on the Homepage tag on the sidebar.


No comments: