Thursday, April 13, 2006

Rexroi, starring Seth Green and Bruce Campbell


I had posted all of Rexroi (my new novel) on-line, but all I have now are the first eleven chapters, which is really a lot if you ask me. You know, we are talking free here. The reason I did this was that an ebook publisher in Australia picked it up, so that's where it's going to be available in about a month or so - on-line, not Australia. Well, it will be available in Australia, maybe even especially Australia. But not only in Australia - ahhh, you know what I'm saying.

Eleven Chapters compromises about the 'first act' of the story, so I thought that was a good place to leave off.

I guess I'm feeling a bit guilty about removing the last two thirds of the book. I noticed that somebody in Pakistan had spent a whole bunch of time on the free book site, but not enough time to actually read the entire thing. I'm worried that he was planning on reading the rest later and he can't anymore. And that bothers me a bit. I would sure hate to think that my one fan in Pakistan hates me or thinks I'm a dick - I'm not. It was just that I knew that it was going to be commercially available in about a month and I wasn't going to give it away anymore.

You see, I posted it for nothing because it's such a wonderful book that I wanted as many people as possible to read it. I still do; the only difference is that I'll be getting a little support so that I can write even more wonderful books.

You want me to write more wonderful books, don't you?

Anyways, the link to the free chapters (Eleven, Baby) is on my sidebar to the right. I've been having some problems with the sidebar so that it goes all the way to the very, very bottom of the page. It's still there, but I don't know why it does this. If anybody has any ideas could you drop me a line? I'm not the most tech savvy fellow around, but I'm also not the least. At any rate, you can never be too obvious when talking to me. Just keep that in mind.

Somehow, I got into this e-mail group Books to Film, which I thought was going to be helpful since Rexroi will make a fantastic movie. Of course, I couldn't help casting this movie in my mind and I have (in my imagination) cast Seth Green in the main role of Gary 'Kid Guy' Gates.
Please go to the link and read some chapters and tell me if I'm not absolutely right and he wouldn't be unbelievable in this role. The problem is that the character is twenty two years old and Seth is ten years older than that. He could play the role brilliantly, but he's going to start showing his age any day and he'll lose out on a role that was made only for him.

Okay. Seth has the lead. But who else will be in it - what Big name Stars?

In my imagination, I also cast Bruce Campbell as Montaigne, the naked spy. That character hasn't shown up in the first eleven chapters so you can't give me any input on that one, sorry to say. Little Kid Guy's girlfriend, Suzie, I thought could be played by Lindsay Lohan; she would also be absolutely brilliant. Even in my imagination, I don't know if the producers could meet her price, so that role might go to another promising up and comer. John Marriot could be played by any dumb male model - I don't have an opinion on that one. Kristin Cavallari would be his girlfriend Ashley because she seems to have the sweet blankness required.

I never saw her in Laguna Beach so I can't say that I've even heard her talk. I've seen her a lot in magazines and tabloids and I hear she is going to be in an actual movie role. You know what? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that whatever movie it is she's going to be in (I can't remember what it was) Kristin Cavallari will do unexpectedly well at it. Here's why: She's young and plastic and docile. She'll take instruction excellently.

Amanda the stripper might be played by Carmen Electra or - in a bit of bold casting - Sara Michelle Gellar could do it. If Buffy got the role then her husband Freddy Prinz could be one of the fraternity brothers, I'm thinking Joe the fraternity president. Speaking of which: I don't have any of the other brothers cast in my mind. I'm thinking up and coming young studs, maybe not even name studs.

Finally, Heinrich the sinister hairdresser will be played by Jeremy Irons. That's another character who doesn't show up until later. But he's important. And I'd like to see Jeremy in the movie since I've been told that I resemble him - in that Cronenberg film where he plays gynecologist twins.

There are some other important parts I haven't gotten to yet. Give me your suggestions and I'll see if I can fit them into my imaginary movie casting. If - for some reason - you happen to know any of these people that I cast, go ahead and tell them about the fabulous movie that they could be in.

No comments: