Friday, November 10, 2006

Gonna Miss You, Bob





It looks like this is going to be my first snow day here in Wisconsin. I called in to say that I would try to make it later on in the day when it lets up ... but I don't think that's going to happen. Of course, if the East Coast ever got this much snow it would be the 'Blizzard of the Century'. Pussies.

Anyways, since I was home I thought I would turn on The Price is Right with the soon to retire Bob Barker. He'll be turning 83 and he thinks that's plenty old and he's going to hang it up. No, it isn't Bob! Hang in there. I need you at the helm in case I ever have another snow or sick day. God, Bob's been old ever since I was a child. No Bob Barker with Price is Right is unimaginable. Whoever takes over: I will not watch it. It will never be the same.

Back in my day, Bob had only three regular models and he had these gals for decades. They were Holly, the dark-haired girl next door; Diane, the voluptious blonde sex-bomb; and Penny, who was, I don't know, somebody's Mom but attractive in a bland way that never appealed to me. Penny's husband was some sort of spy and she wrote a book about it, which I read. Her husband disappeared under mysterious circumstances and was never heard from again.

As I said, Bob kept these three models on forever even after they started showing their age - and how! After Bob's wife passed on Diane (the sex bomb) took up with Bob. She was forty seven, then - a really hot forty seven with an amazing figure, but when you got in close you could see what years of the California sun can do to a woman's skin. Nevertheless, I would have done her. Like Bob did. The affair ended badly when she sued Bob for sex discrimination. Then Holly gained some weight as a side effect to some sort of medical treatment, she got let go, then she sued, too. I think eventually Penny sued because she was let go, probably just because she was old and no amount of face-stretching could hide the fact.

You know, they really have to give Bob a hell of a lot of credit for giving them a job when their age would have given them a boot out the door anywhere else. Now, his models are just three hot bimbos and I'm pretty sure that if they ever gave him the slightest trouble or put on an extra pound or two he'd give them their walking papers. Pronto!

I sure hope Direct TV doesn't go out. Do you know, Once I was on the phone with these clowns for an hour and forty five minutes and got transferred thirteen times?! Jerks. Let me tell you: call centers are the worst! Their only motivation is to get you off the phone and they don't care how they do it. Period. Of course, I could always switch to DISH but who's to say their service is any better? And cable blows. Any company that has no competition blows and besides, I can't get it out here.

Still snowing. I don't think I'm going to be working today.

Damn.

Not 'Damn' because I don't get to work, but 'Damn' because I have to use a vacation day.

By the way: My books are at http://www.lulu.com/abeautifulcow or Amazon. Evil Super-Villains Need Love, Too has been getting the best reviews. But all of my books are extremely entertaining.

No comments: